I've been building eCommerce sites using WordPress WooCommerce since 2011, and during that entire time, I've had several business owners looking for a way to customize their store to make it B2B (business to business).
What does this mean? Well it essentially means that clients (other businesses couldn't just rock up to the site and see all the products and pricing). First, they'd have to apply to become a member of the site. Then, once their application is approved, they would be able to see various products and pricing depending upon user role (what type of customer they are).
WooCommerce B2B is a great plug-in for this. Features include:
- Extend the default registration form to accept B2B registrations.
- Add a user roles dropdown and extra fields to the default registration form.
- Manually review and approve new B2B user registrations.
- Enable default registration fields
- Hide products and categories based on user roles.
- Hide prices and add to cart button
- Hide for guest users, specific user roles, or specific products & categories
- Option replace “add to cart” button with a “quote” button
- Add a mini-quote dropdown and customize quote form fields.
- Configure different prices for different user roles
- Add customer-specific pricing
- Tax-exempt specific customers and user roles
- Restrict shipping methods by user roles
- Restrict payment methods by user roles
This video gives you a nice overview of WooCommerce B2B.
Paul Hickey, Founder / CEO / Lead Strategist at Data Driven Design, LLC and founder of The Voice Event, and The Voice Designer, has created and grown businesses via digital strategy and internet marketing for more than 15 years. His sweet spot is using analytics to design and build websites and grow the audience and revenue of businesses via SEO/Blogging, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads, Social Media Content Marketing, Email Marketing and most recently, Voice App Design and Development – Alexa Skills and Google Actions. The part that he’s most passionate about is quantifying next marketing actions based on real data.